Non Clinical Vet Position
Job Title: Regional Regulatory Veterinary Surgeon
Organisation: Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB)
Location: Various (Southeast, Southwest/West Midlands, East Midlands/East Anglia)
Join the Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB) as a Regional Regulatory Veterinary Surgeon, playing a crucial role in ensuring the welfare and care of racing greyhounds in designated geographical regions. As the governing body for licensed greyhound racing in England, Scotland, and Wales, GBGB prioritizes welfare through its long-term strategy, "A Good Life for Every Greyhound."
- Uphold GBGB’s Rules of Racing related to greyhound welfare.
- Act as a point of reference and support for Track Veterinary Surgeons in regulatory matters.
- Collaborate with Stipendiary Stewards and support field staff in track and trainers’ residential kennels.
- Conduct annual veterinary kennel inspections at trainers’ residential kennels.
- Member or Fellow of the RCVS.
- Minimum of two years' experience in veterinary practice.
- Broad clinical skills, with a desirable postgraduate qualification in animal welfare or related discipline.
- Experience in animal sports or with an animal welfare charity is desirable.
- Clean and valid driving license, prepared for travel and independent field-based work.
- Flexibility to work outside usual hours when required.
This is a full-time, non-clinical position with a field-based focus, involving travel and independent working. The successful candidate will contribute significantly to the GBGB’s commitment to optimizing greyhound welfare and ensuring a good life for every racing greyhound. If you are a dedicated veterinary professional with a passion for animal welfare, apply to be part of our team and make a positive impact on the world of greyhound racing.
Contact Josh for more info or to apply: